If we want to take off a few pounds (and not starve) and feel great we definitely must be included into the diet of different salads.
Salads contain few calories and are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Usually served as a side dish with something to eat. However, the enrichment of salads, protein-rich foods, we get a very energy-rich main course.
Take advantage of currently available green lettuce and cabbage, add barley, a pumpkin and chickpeas as a source of protein and enjoy without any qualms in the salad that will give you energy and is also easily digestible. You will feel great, enthusiastically, without bloating and digestive problems. And the pounds will gradually disappear.
• 1 cup cooked of barley porridge ( Order in the web shop )
• 2 cups baked pumpkin (cut into cubes) – butternut or hokkaido
• 1 cup cooked and drained chickpeas ( Order in the web shop )
• 2 cups of fresh grated cabbage
• 1 head green winter salads
• berries chokeberry(aronia)-frozen ( Order in the web shop )
- For seasoning pumpkin and chickpea:
• 3 soup spoons of olive oil ( Order in the web shop )
• 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt ( Order in the web shop )
• ½ TSP dried Marjoram
• ½ TSP turmeric ( Order in the web shop )
- For the topping:
• 5 tablespoons cold pressed pumpkin oil ( Order in the web shop )
• juice of 1 lemon
• Himalayan salt, the quantity as desired ( Order in the web shop )
• ground pepper, the quantity as desired ( Order in the web shop )
* Cup = 2, 5 dl
Order ingredients in the webshop through a link with the title at our trusted suppliers
Barley porridge wash and boil in water for about 40 minutes. Drain and wash it under a jet of cold water in the lurch.
Preheat the oven to 200 º c. Pumpkin clear of kernel, Peel and slice into cubes (1, 5 cm). Mix the pumpkin cubes with 2 soup spoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of a kitchenette, Himalayan salt and ½ teaspoon Marjoram. Slightly grease the baking pan and evenly arrange the diced pumpkin. Put the oven about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Cooked and drained chickpeas can also be a little be baked in the oven. Before baking, sprinkle 1 spoon of olive oil and season with one-half teaspoon of turmeric. Place it in the container in which it was previously cooked pumpkin. Baguette chickpeas for about 15 minutes at 200 ° c. Roasted chickpeas to cool.
Grate cabbage, washed and dried the lettuce into strips and place in a larger pan. Add cooked barley. Pour the sauce and stir well. For the dressing, mix the pumpkin seed oil, lemon juice, Himalayan salt and pepper.
Before serving, gently stir in the chickpeas, roasted diced pumpkin and, if desired, add the berries of chokeberry. Aronia berries are an excellent addition to the salad because, except for a slight citrusy tart tastes, enrich the salad with antioxidants
Serve the salad as a cold side dish or as a main dish.